By Stephanie Sullivan, channel marketing manager, Americas, Emulex
The new Emulex OneConnect® OCe14000 series of 10 and 40Gb Ethernet (40GbE) Network Adapters and Converged Network Adapters (CNAs) are now available through Emulex distribution partners. The next generation Emulex OneConnect product line is built on a highly efficient, single-chip architecture. Emulex has worked with its ecosystem partners and OEMs to enhance the capabilities of the previous generation hardware to deliver a new, versatile and state-of-the-art OCe14000 networking platform, based on the new Emulex Engine ™ (XE)100 I/O controller. Other network adapters don’t compare to the OCe14000 series of Ethernet Network Adapters and CNAs, check out this comparison below and link here.
The need to reduce operational and capital expenditures (OPEX and CAPEX), address increasing virtual machine (VM) density and improve application acceleration are key objectives for today’s data centers, but with the explosion of data and expansion of cloud-based resource usage, network utilization is soaring. According to the Cisco Global Cloud Index, network traffic is anticipated to grow to 6.6 zettabytes and 62 percent of network traffic will be in cloud architected data centers by 2016¹.
The key IT trends driving the shift in data center network traffic patterns include:
- Growth in virtualization-generated, server-to-server, intra data center traffic such as vMotion, backup, replication and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Growth of multi-tiered application workloads that increase traffic between database and application servers
- Adoption of private, public or hybrid cloud infrastructure and software as a service (SaaS)
- Increased consumption of internet streaming video and audio services
10Gb Ethernet (10GbE) is leading this transformation within the data center and Emulex is at the forefront. When you choose Emulex 10Gb Ethernet Network Adapters, you are choosing the best-of-breed, highest performance adapters available. As a leader in connectivity and enterprise-proven storage and networking, Emulex understands and develops products that meet the high bandwidth and scalability need for enterprise platforms and applications. Whether it is for standard or converged data centers running a variety of applications, heavily virtualized VMware or Hyper-V environments, private or hybrid cloud infrastructures, the latest OneConnect OCe14000 product line is the right solution.
- Maximizes server hardware ROI with high VM density
- Simplifies deployment of secure, scalable multitenant cloud infrastructures
- Accelerates applications performance
- Provides the bandwidth needed for slot constrained server platforms
- Reduces complexity through the deployment of a common network platform
- Reduces management and infrastructure costs
- Minimizes TCO through deployment of heterogeneous workloads in a converged infrastructure
For more information on the new OCe14000 product solutions from Emulex, contact your local Distribution partner or visit our landing page here
1 Cisco Global Cloud Index