Emulex, primarily known for its award-winning LightPulse® Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapters (HBAs) and OneConnect™ Universal Converged Network Adapters (UCNAs), has recently been making quite a splash in the IT world with OneCommand™ Vision. Emulex’s groundbreaking software provides an outstanding high margin revenue opportunity that resellers can use to partner with their customers to manage their I/O or sell as a straight software package.
OneCommand Vision, built on an intelligent, non-invasive software architecture, provides proactive I/O management within data center and cloud environments, gives IT administrators the ability to maximize I/O performance, availability, and utilization by monitoring and analyzing end-to-end latency, various protocol events and other critical performance metrics.
Whether it’s analyzing current data center efficiency, benchmarking new hardware, proactively managing and preventing potential data center crises before they happen, or quickly resolving them when they do, OneCommand Vision is fast becoming the ESSENTIAL TOOL for medium to large data center IT managers.
This is a perfect selling point for resellers to package OneCommand Vision with any initial configuration, upgrade or migration. As resellers know, not only are they selling high performance equipment at competitive prices, but they’re selling peace of mind. With OneCommand Vision bundled into the deal, resellers will increase profits and give customers the tools to proactively keep their data centers running smoothly with drastically less downtime.
New features in OneCommand Vision 2.0:
- Single management application for simplified deployment
- Enhanced scalability allows Vision monitor even more servers (80,000 Physical I/O Paths, 22,000 Virtual I/O Paths)
- Accelerated GUI performance
- Expanded OS support – Solaris 10 (Sparc), Solaris 10 (x86), Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL), VMware ESX (v4.1, 5.0) and Windows Hyper-V
- Graphical dashboard with five new summary reports highlighting hotspot problem areas
- Simplified navigation
- Intelligent alert integrations with HP Open View, Microsoft SCOM and various other third party frameworks
- And much more…