Emulex is excited about its new OneConnect® OCe14000–E 10Gb Ethernet (10GbE) family of Converged Network Adapters (CNAs) — and now they are available and EMC E-Labs-qualified to work with VMAX and EMC VNX family arrays. Not only are you guaranteed hardware compatibility, but as an EMC Technology Connect Select partner, your customers can receive EMC’s single point of service support for Emulex EMC-qualified adapters and EMC storage.
The EMC-qualified OCe14000-E adapters deliver high performance 10GbE connectivity, providing a wide array of solutions for networking, virtualization, storage, big data, hybrid cloud and data backup and recovery. Whether it is a small to medium business or enterprise web giant, the OCe14000-E series is an excellent choice for your customers.
- High bandwidth and scalability to meet the toughest demands of tier 1 enterprise applications
- Storage protocol (FCoE and iSCSI) offloads
- Universal Multi-Channel™ PCI Express (PCIe) port-partitioning functionality
- More scalable virtualization with support for enhanced Single-Root I/O Virtualization, NIC port partitioning, software-defined networking and cloud optimization using Emulex Virtual Network Exceleration™ and overlay networking technology (support for Network Virtualization using Generic Routing Encapsulation used by Microsoft and Virtual Extensible LAN used by VMware)
- Greater bandwidth with PCIe 3.0
- Simplified and centralized management with Emulex OneCommand® Manager application for all Emulex manufactured Host Bus Adapters and 10GbE Adapters
Now Available Through Our Distribution Partners: Emulex Next Generation 10Gb & 40Gb Ethernet and Converged Networks Adapters!Posted March 21st, 2014 by Emulex
By Stephanie Sullivan, channel marketing manager, Americas, Emulex
The new Emulex OneConnect® OCe14000 series of 10 and 40Gb Ethernet (40GbE) Network Adapters and Converged Network Adapters (CNAs) are now available through Emulex distribution partners. The next generation Emulex OneConnect product line is built on a highly efficient, single-chip architecture. Emulex has worked with its ecosystem partners and OEMs to enhance the capabilities of the previous generation hardware to deliver a new, versatile and state-of-the-art OCe14000 networking platform, based on the new Emulex Engine ™ (XE)100 I/O controller. Other network adapters don’t compare to the OCe14000 series of Ethernet Network Adapters and CNAs, check out this comparison below and link here.
The need to reduce operational and capital expenditures (OPEX and CAPEX), address increasing virtual machine (VM) density and improve application acceleration are key objectives for today’s data centers, but with the explosion of data and expansion of cloud-based resource usage, network utilization is soaring. According to the Cisco Global Cloud Index, network traffic is anticipated to grow to 6.6 zettabytes and 62 percent of network traffic will be in cloud architected data centers by 2016¹.
The key IT trends driving the shift in data center network traffic patterns include:
- Growth in virtualization-generated, server-to-server, intra data center traffic such as vMotion, backup, replication and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Growth of multi-tiered application workloads that increase traffic between database and application servers
- Adoption of private, public or hybrid cloud infrastructure and software as a service (SaaS)
- Increased consumption of internet streaming video and audio services
10Gb Ethernet (10GbE) is leading this transformation within the data center and Emulex is at the forefront. When you choose Emulex 10Gb Ethernet Network Adapters, you are choosing the best-of-breed, highest performance adapters available. As a leader in connectivity and enterprise-proven storage and networking, Emulex understands and develops products that meet the high bandwidth and scalability need for enterprise platforms and applications. Whether it is for standard or converged data centers running a variety of applications, heavily virtualized VMware or Hyper-V environments, private or hybrid cloud infrastructures, the latest OneConnect OCe14000 product line is the right solution.
- Maximizes server hardware ROI with high VM density
- Simplifies deployment of secure, scalable multitenant cloud infrastructures
- Accelerates applications performance
- Provides the bandwidth needed for slot constrained server platforms
- Reduces complexity through the deployment of a common network platform
- Reduces management and infrastructure costs
- Minimizes TCO through deployment of heterogeneous workloads in a converged infrastructure
For more information on the new OCe14000 product solutions from Emulex, contact your local Distribution partner or visit our landing page here
1 Cisco Global Cloud Index
With the cost of 10GbE dropping and data demands rising, many customers are ready to transition from 1GbE, but cable compatibility and cost may still cause those interested to think twice. Many budget-conscious small and medium-sized businesses tend to deploy 10GbE technology into existing 1GbE ecosystems gradually, upgrading as needed. In such cases, having to install new runs of optical cable and/or replace all 1Gb switches and CAT 6 or 6a cable is not a financially viable option. Resellers addressing customer concerns such as these know 10GBASE-T is the only solution. In fact, after factoring in switch and optical cabling costs, going with 10GBASE-T will give your customer a 50 percent cost savings per Gigabit of of deploying 1GbE.
Just recently, Emulex introduced its new 10GBASE-T line of next-generation OneConnect® 10GbE Universal Converged Network Adapters (UCNAs). Available as a straight Network Interface Card (NIC) or iSCSI-enabled, the OCe11102-NT NIC and OCe11102-IT iSCSI adapters provide the perfect solution to meet your customer’s needs.
Find out more:
- Visit the OneConnect OCe11102-NT and OneConnect OCe11102-IT web pages
- Download the White Paper: “10GBASE-T vs. GbE Cost Comparison”
- View the Press Release: “Emulex Offers 10GBASE-T Connectivity for its OneConnect™ UCNAs”
For pricing, contact our sales department at 800-368-5393 or email email@example.com.